Pages

It's Not About How Hard You Can Hit...

I was finally able to watch the much desired movie of my movie-watching life. "Rocky Balboa" is the 6th in the Rocky Series and it did not disappoint at all. It may be because I am such a big fan of the character that I try to base my life on the projections made in the movie.

No that doesn't mean that I am a boxer which the average movie goer assumes. I have heard comments from people when I ask "Have you watched any of the Rocky movies?". I get a lot of "I don't like boxing movies, they are filled with violence and not the right thing...." etc. Those people don't deserve to watch Rocky anyway cos even if they do, they just wont get it.

The character Rocky Balboa and the movie series is not a series about boxing at all in fact. Its more about life. In fact its more about life than life itself. Its about how we are all fighters in the ring of life. Each one fighting their own battles and it's the heart, the stronger heart that prevails. Its the heart that keeps us getting up again from each punch taken. Its the heart that keeps you fighting that one more fight. Just that one more. It keeps getting you going on through all the hardships in life.

I am just a huge fan of the series and call me whatever you want, I am. I have taken lessons from the series and try and implement it in every walk of life. Hey if I had the chance I wouldn't mind being him, of course I couldn't ever be.

Before writing anything more, I will mark this one as a tribute to Sly, the guy who has affected my life in more ways than one by just making such a great series of movies. I will leave you with one of the lessons I learnt from this last movie.

"Its not about how hard you hit....its about how hard you can GET hit and still stand up..."

8 comments:

  1. “Its not about how hard you hit….its about how hard you can GET hit and still stand up…”, awesome, thats requires alot of courage. This reminds me of one saying

    "Its not about how hard you hit, its about how accurate you right, hitting at right place at the right time!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh and now your post makes me willing to see a rocky movie. I havent seen any Rocky movie in full; just few glimpses and somehow it was an action packed movie and nothing more.

    But do you really think we try to absorb whatever good we see or read?? I think I appreciate and then forget ....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @asma - i dont know about others but...I think I have taken effects from the Rocky Series...if a movie effects you in the positive...keep it in your kitty for a bad time...then remind yourself...it works for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point to ponder!Though I hardly watch action movies rather cant focus more than 5mintues..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ali raza - absolutely...
    @aashely - well try watching this bu ignoring the action..but there is hardly...any...if you look from my eye...I wish everyone could...

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude.. watched the movie on the plane... horrible nonetheless... rent soapranos if you want to learn family values and lesson...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ali - dude...the 6th part wouldnt be enjoyed unless you would have watched the earlier ones...the 6th one reminded us Rocky fans of the past in a lot of ways....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah i totally agree with u UTP.

    Some years back when i first heard of rocky movies i thought it will be another fighting movie blabla. Then one day my friend gave me some movies Rocky 1 was in it. I watched and wohooo, my rection was "What a movie". Then i watche all 5 parts. and they were alll masterpieces. then one day i heard rocky 6 is out. Asap i got time i watched that movie. Again reaction "Man, what a movie". As UTP said you must watch rocky 6 after all previous parts...

    Great inpiration movies, real life problems, real life depression.

    i like the way rocky talk, the way he walk, the way he smile, great character, and i love when he says.... "YO ADRIAN, I DID IT"

    ReplyDelete